Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Weekly Speculating! Week 2.5/3 - Some witty title.

Weekly Speculating- Week 2.5-3


Hey folks! Chaz here again, bringing you another article, I’m going to combine what I was writing for my second segment last week and merge it with this week. So, a bit more information, but again I try to keep it short and to the point. This will be mostly fluctuations to watch, I try to keep the same format for all of my Articles, but sometimes I will switch it up based on market movement/cards that are gaining.


**Looking back**-


Courser of Kruphix- So, I wanted to throw this up again from my last article just to give a reference. As I predicted, Courser would rise from the spotlight in the PTQ:JOU. Not only is this card going to be popular in Modern as well, but for Standard in the coming year. Up almost (+40%).


mtggoldcourser2.PNG


Abrupt Decay- (up +8.5%)
Mtggoldabruptdecay.PNG


I want to say that non-foil versions will most likely be subject to reprints. As to when/how, well, we can only wait and see. For now, this card is only going to rise since it’s one of the best cards in Magic.


**Looking Forward** -Rotation and Theros Block


Cards I’m thinking of speccing on-


Eidolon of Blossoms- The future of Theros block + Khans will have green in it. Whether it be control, aggro, mid-range, Green gives you a ton of CA. That card advtanage will be through Eidolon of Blossoms, and Courser of Kruphix. If PTQ was any indication, a 4 mana 2/2 that draws a card and a chance to draw more is worth it apparently.


Price-point I would buy at right now: Under 2$ per card.


Eidolon of Great Revel- This card has dropped significantly from it’s pre-order prices. (6.99-8.99), what’s interesting is I think this card can end up back to that point again. It has already seen some play in modern and legacy, so foil versions are good to snag up from unsuspecting players.


Price-point I would buy at right now: .99-1.99$ Under 2$ seems safe to me on non-foils. I can see this playing out and being 5$ once rotation happens and everyone sleeves up mountains. get rid of them then, if you want returns.


Prophetic Flamespeaker- See a trend here? Red cards, red mana symbols are going to be everywhere especially as an entire block leaves. Red aggro is where everyone flocks to as a viable option. Though this card in particular because I feel it has the *Underworld Cerberus* syndrome of just biding it’s time until people realize it’s actually a good card. Though Flamespeaker has more potential outside Standard than Cerberus does. Red cards with CA attached to them seems to become popular (already is in Modern Jund) see Chandra Pyromaster if you need proof of how she affected the market.


Price-point I would buy at right now: 5$ if you can be patient. The lower the better.


Fleecemane Lion- Wanted to post the picture just because I think it has more of an impact.


Mtggoldfleecemane.PNG

Under 1$? Seriously? tsk tsk. Maybe I’m not as good as reading the market as I think I am, but this card was 8-10$ for a while, under 1$ seems wrong to me. It makes sense since VoR is around, but I think this has a ton of room to grow from under 1$. Only thing that would keep this down is an insane 2 drop from Khans of Tarkhir.


As always email/reply for any and all questions.


**Just a heads up- Yes the Podcast will be back on track. Pete, Ken, and Myself have had a busy last week and a half, but we will make it up to you all!**


----------


Join our community!


Facebook at: Bolt-Snap-Bolt group, request membership and follow guidelines, would love to have new fresh members!


Hit me up personally @Vbrews on Twitter, I use that for deck-brewing and anything magic related, my Twitch stream also broadcasts on there!


Follow @Boltsnapbolt


Any/all questions related to blog/podcast email us at Boltsnapbolt@outlook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment